Peter Maclean: guitar
Chris Perren: bass, backing vocals, orchestration
Brendan Mawn: drumkit
Phillip Laidlaw: production, guitar, vocals
1. When they were tiny, Phil and Brendan were in a slowcore instrumental band called Vagus.
2. Pete and Phil are old friends who have played over 1000 hours of guitar together. roughly. This included forming the band “Springs” with Brendan, and Dee McGrath.
3. The first aheadphonehome album “beaten 4-track” has never been released. It exists somewhere amid reels of rough home recordings made between 2001 and 2005.
4. After that Phil started recording in the static.
5. Somewhere in there Brendan and Phil started a band heaven/hell called Viewers/New Atlas with Pete, Andrew White (restream/Mr. Maps), and Joel Edmondson.
6. aheadphonehome has long been headquartered in the Red Hill warehouse that was also home to the lofly label’s infamous hangar parties. in the static was completed there. Phil’s production approach has been heavily influenced by glorious years spent at the hangar mixing desk.
7. Chris plays guitar in Mr. Maps. He was drafted in as a temporary bass player in 2010, and soon shocked by the fact that nothing is ever written down or openly discussed. He stayed because he’s the glue.
8. We’re having fun.